Saturday, February 5, 2011

The effectiveness of a whiteboard

Friday was a very intersting day to say the least. There were some teachers that laughed at us and thought it was humorous to make us do things with the whiteboards. Others were not so fond of the idea and made us break the rules of speech. During band, Brian Centala was quite bored because he had no one to talk with. he tried many ways to try to get me to talk but I stood strong. He then resorted to taking my keys and he told me he would give the keys back as soon as I talked. I didn't. I eventually got my keys back after chapel and everything was okay after school. I think, in not talking the whole day, we were not the only ones affected because everyone else had to try and guess what we were trying say as well. They also had to look at us differently because of the actions we were portraying. So our image was effected just as others look at the image of some in the world of politics and such. All-in-all, it was a fun day for me!

3 comments:

  1. Your discussion flawlessly captures the frustration and even amusement of people we had to communicate with. The situation with Brian shows how when we can not communicate with the most effective medium, it affects not only us, but those we are communicating with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Others were not so fond of the idea and made us break the rules of speech."
    Yeah that was not cool.

    I like how you pointed out that we weren't the only ones effected by this. Not only could we not get our point out, but people couldn't understand us. It was probably frustrating for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob, I enjoyed reading your overview of last Friday. Yes, some of the teachers did indeed make us talk which kind of killed the joyful silence we had. But, I am very proud of you for not letting Brian get into your head and sticking with the "speech-fast."

    ReplyDelete